This Privacy Notice shall become effective as of 25th May 2018.
At AJ PARTS, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account.
This Privacy Notice, inclusive of our General Terms of Products and Service, explains the personal data we accumulate, how we use your personal data, reasons we may need to reveal your personal data to others and how we store your personal data securely.
AJ Parts is committed to ensuring your personal information is secure. We want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our clients, as well as each visitor who uses the website. We implement the latest security updates for our server systems and our website is certified by a recognised 3rd party as PCI DSS level complaint. All information transmitted between our servers and third parties is also encrypted to PCI standards.
Apart from helping us deliver exceptional services to you, the information you share with us means you will receive a more personalised and rewarding experience e.g. sending your invoice for your purchase, tracking information and quotations.
Who are we?
AJ Parts Uk Ltd is one of the UK’s most reliable established online retailers. We offer wide selection of laptop accessories and associated products, at near trade prices, for brand leaders compatible items such as Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens, Acer, HP Compaq, IBM, Asus, Samsung etc. We are based at:
UNIT 3, CHANCERY GATE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
1. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We receive information about you from you when you use our website, if you contact us by phone, email, live-chat or otherwise in respect of any of our products and services or during the purchasing of any such product. Subsequently we also collect information from you when you sign up, upgrade or survey or when you inform us of any other matter.
A. When you create an account at ajparts.co.uk your account allows you do the following:
- Purchase our Products
- Receive discounted prices if you are a trade customer
- Provides details of the goods that are being purchased
- Receive an Invoice and shipping/ tracking details
- Dispatch the goods to the address of your choice.
When you visit our website ajparts.co.uk our web server automatically records your public internet protocol ('IP') address and also generates a log file on our server.
C. Please be assured we do not share your details with 3rd parties. We do not send emails to you apart from your order details, the tracking details and a reminder 2 week after the goods have been purchased to make sure everything works fine. If asked to quote 1st we will use your name and email address to send this to you.
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To process orders telephonically, websites, skype, emails, live chat;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To comply with our contractual commitments, we have with you;
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query;
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of billing and payments;
- To detect fraud and to make sure what you have told us is correct;
- To notify you about changes to our website and services;
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To inform you of service and price changes.
1. Information Categories We Collect
We only collect the information that’s required to carry out our business, provide the services requested and most important keep you informed.
Details/Information obtained from the customer:
When you create an account with us, register on our website and purchase from us online, or phone we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Complete Name and address
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Payment card details. Please note, we will not hold payment information for any longer than it takes to process your transaction. Once payment is received or declined by your issuer, payment details are lost by our systems. The communication of your payment details with our bank is fully PCI compliant
- VAT No
- Shipping details
- Billing/ Invoicing address
When visiting our website, we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or another internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
1. Using of Cookies
When customers visit ajparts.co.uk we collect standard internet log details of visitor’s communication patterns on the website. We do this to find out for example the number of visitors to the different pages of the website. The information we collect does not identify anyone. We never make any attempt to find out the identities of people visiting our website. Our website, along with other major websites, use ‘Cookies’. This is not unusual.
There are two different ‘Cookies’. One is a Session Cookie, this is temporary and only exit whilst you are accessing our website and close when you close the browser. These cookies remember what you have chosen on any page of the website (like adding items to the shopping basket, or logging in with your user ID), so you do not need to enter the same information again on all pages you visit.
Persistent Cookies are ‘Cookies’ that remain on your computer and help us identify you as a unique visitor to the website.
All types of cookie are stored locally on your computer and are accessed by our website. Cookies do not hold any personal information about you, they do not store your name or any payment details.
What are Cookies and why are they essential to our website?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive, your web browser will usually be set to allow cookies automatically. Once you access our website the file is added to your local computer. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences, such as your address for shipping, what items you have in your shopping cart and any discounts you are entitled to. We call this user specific information.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the information only shows us trends, such as how many visitors used our website, how long they looked at each page, which items they purchased, but never any personal information.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Customers can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will prevent you from using our website, you will not be able to add items to your shopping cart, login or purchase any item.
- Customers can also set their browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
1. Data Hygiene
From time to time we may screen our database. We may also update erroneous data if the details are available.
1. Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services. This information is available publicly
1. Sharing of your information with 3rd Parties
Where we have admissible reason (include legal and authentic interest), we may share your information with 3rd parties such as PayPal. For example, when making a payment on our website, your address and order details will be transmitted to PayPal. Please be aware we never hold any payment information on our site, this includes credit and debit card numbers which are only processed and held by our merchant bank, but also;
- To help us run the test version of our website that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our web services.
- To keep our database accurate and relevant
- We may share your information with other companies outside of www.ajparts.co.uk (such as PayPal), to detect and reduce fraud
- Analyse and continually improve the services we offer including our website and our other products
Apart from this, we provide you an optional tick box while checkout where in you agree to share your contact number and email address with the shipping company so that they might contact you in case of any unforeseen emergency. Otherwise, contact number and email ids are confidential and not shared with the courier company.
8. Retention periods
We will keep your personal data for the duration of the period you are a customer of AJ Parts. We shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
On the closure of your account, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have cancelled your services with us. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes.
We guarantee you that your personal data shall only be used for these purposes stated herein.
1. Handling Your Information and Other Organizations
Aj parts will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties.
ajparts.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from ajparts.co.uk and recommends that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for the www.ajparts.co.uk enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
1. How We Protect Your Data
www.ajparts.co.uk is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use e.g. your online account is encrypted and our own network is protected.
The www.ajparts.co.uk may use your data from organisations such as Facebook. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if purchasing a screen, we will typically keep your data for up to ten years from the date of your last transaction. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Manager using the contact details outlined in this notice.
11. Information Security
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using current PCI compliant SSL
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employee and contractors who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
12. Transparency and Choices
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you or request it. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel as though you are in control of it.
If you have an online account with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply sign in on the web site and access your account by using your email address and password.
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can sign into your online account and make any changes required. You can also request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting the Data Protection Manager. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to info [at] ajparts.co.uk
At any time, you have the right to ask us to amend your information.
You can do this by signing in to the website and accessing your account details or if you don’t have an account or if you prefer to, you can contact us by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details below.
You have the right to get information held about you by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details. You may also request details of personal information we hold about you under the data protection law 2018. An administration fee of £10 plus VAT will be payable.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the below contact details.
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions:
14. Data Breaches
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page.Top of Form
Bottom of Form